Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-CaMKK2 (Ser511) Antibody #12818
|12818S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12818||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||68||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CaMKK2 (Ser511) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of CaMKK2 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser511.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser511 of human CaMKK2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Calcium/Calmodulin-dependent Protein Kinase Kinase 2 (CaMKK2) is a member of the CaMK family that contains a central Ser/Thr kinase domain followed by a regulatory domain consisting of overlapping autoinhibitory and CaM-binding regions (1). CaMKK2 can be distinguished from other CaMK family members by the presence of a unique Pro/Arg/Gly-rich insert following the ATP-binding domain (2). CaMKK2 phosphorylates CaMKI at Thr177 and CaMKIV at Thr200 (3). CaMKK2 also phosphorylates AMPKα in response to calcium (4). CaMKK2 has been implicated in long-term memory formation (5) and adipocyte development (6). CaMKK2 is phosphorylated at Ser511 by death-associated protein kinase (DAPK) in a signaling cascade thought to be involved in neuronal death (7).
- Tokumitsu, H. et al. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 12823-7.
- Tokumitsu, H. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 19320-4.
- Anderson, K.A. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 31880-9.
- Hawley, S.A. et al. (2005) Cell Metab 2, 9-19.
- Peters, M. et al. (2003) J Neurosci 23, 9752-60.
- Lin, F. et al. (2011) Endocrinology 152, 3668-79.
- Schumacher, A.M. et al. (2004) Biochemistry 43, 8116-24.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3365 CaMKI-δ Antibody
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 4436 CaMKII (pan) (D11A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 11945 CaMKII-α (D10C11) Rabbit mAb
- 3357 CaMKII-α Antibody
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.