Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
POLR3A (D5Y2D) Rabbit mAb #12825
|12825S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12825||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||165||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog, Guinea Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
POLR3A (D5Y2D) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total POLR3A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val613 of human POLR3A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using POLR3A (D5Y2D) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells and either 10 μl of POLR3A (D5Y2D) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human L1M5 LINE element primers, SimpleChIP® Human tRNA-Leu Anti-Codon (TAG) Primers #12769, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
POLR3A is the largest subunit of the DNA-dependent RNA polymerase III, one of the DNA-dependent RNA polymerases that transcribe small non-coding RNAs such as the 5S rRNA, tRNAs and some miRNAs (1-3). Together with the second largest subunit, POLR3A forms the catalytic center of the polymerase (4). In addition, RNA polymerase III plays a role in the innate immune response by sensing non-self double stranded DNA. Transcription of the non-self DNA into RNA induces type I interferon production through the RIG-I pathway (5,6). Studies suggest that mutations in the POLR3A gene may be linked to hypomyelinating leukodystrophies; a group of inherited neurodegenerative disorders (7-9).
- Dieci, G. et al. (2007) Trends Genet 23, 614-22.
- Teichmann, M. et al. (2010) Transcription 1, 130-135.
- White, R.J. (2011) Nat Rev Genet 12, 459-63.
- Werner, M. et al. (2009) Curr Opin Struct Biol 19, 740-5.
- Chiu, Y.H. et al. (2009) Cell 138, 576-91.
- Ablasser, A. et al. (2009) Nat Immunol 10, 1065-72.
- Saitsu, H. et al. (2011) Am J Hum Genet 89, 644-51.
- Bernard, G. et al. (2011) Am J Hum Genet 89, 415-23.
- Daoud, H. et al. (2013) J Med Genet 50, 194-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 12769 SimpleChIP® Human tRNA-Leu Anti-Codon (TAG) Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
SimpleChIP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.