Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
TPX2 (D9Y1V) Rabbit mAb #12833
|12833S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12833||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||100||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
TPX2 (D9Y1V) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TPX2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TPX2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using TPX2 (D9Y1V) Rabbit mAb.
The Ras family small GTPase Ran is involved in nuclear envelope formation, assembly of the mitotic spindle, and nuclear transport (1,2). TPX2, a target of active Ran (RanGTP), is a microtubule nucleating protein. TPX2 is inactive when bound to nuclear importin-alpha. RanGTP activity disrupts this interaction, relieving inhibition of TPX2 (3). TPX2 binding activates Aurora A kinase and promotes its localization to the mitotic spindle (4,5). DNA damage in mitosis leads to loss of interaction between Aurora A and TPX2 and inactivation of Aurora A kinase (6). TPX2 is highly expressed in pancreatic cancer cells, and knockdown of TPX2 expression in these cells is associated with increased sensitivity to paclitaxel (7).
- Quimby, B.B. and Dasso, M. (2003) Curr Opin Cell Biol 15, 338-44.
- Hetzer, M. et al. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E177-84.
- Gruss, O.J. and Vernos, I. (2004) J Cell Biol 166, 949-55.
- Kufer, T.A. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 158, 617-23.
- Bayliss, R. et al. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 404-7.
- Bhatia, P. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 4592-9.
- Warner, S.L. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 6519-28.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12245 TPX2 (D2R5C) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4462 Ran Antibody
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3079 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.