Product Pathways - Protein Folding
AHSA1 Antibody #12841
|12841S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12841||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||42||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
AHSA1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total AHSA1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu242 of human AHSA1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Activator of 90 kDa heat shock protein ATPase homolog 1 (AHSA1 or AHA1) is a 42 kDa HSP90 co-chaperone that stimulates intrinsic HSP90 ATPase activity in eukaryotic cells to facilitate client protein folding and activation (1,2). Initially, HSP90 forms a ternary complex with a nascent client protein such as v-Src, c-Raf or CFTR, and the co-chaperone protein CDC37 (3,4). HSP90 then cycles through a series of conformational changes facilitated by ATP that results in the release of CDC37 and recruitment of AHSA1 - a process that is dependent on tyrosine phosphorylation of HSP90 and CDC37 (5). More recently, AHSA1 has been shown to have unique interactions with additional client proteins involved in RNA splicing and DNA repair, suggesting that AHSA1 may have also have a scaffolding role in recruiting client proteins to HSP90 (6).
- Panaretou, B. et al. (2002) Mol Cell 10, 1307-18.
- Lotz, G.P. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 17228-35.
- Holmes, J.L. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 1188-97.
- Koulov, A.V. et al. (2010) Mol Biol Cell 21, 871-84.
- Xu, W. et al. (2012) Mol Cell 47, 434-43.
- Sun, L. et al. (2012) Biochim Biophys Acta 1823, 1092-101.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3488 Phospho-HSP90α (Thr5/7) Antibody
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 5087 HSP90β Antibody
- 7411 HSP90β (D3F2) Rabbit mAb
- 8165 HSP90α (D1A7) Rabbit mAb
- 9965 HSP/Chaperone Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9843 Geldanamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.