Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab11FIP1 (D9D8P) Rabbit mAb #12849
|12849S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12849||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||85||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab11FIP1 (D9D8P) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rab11FIP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu248 of human Rab11FIP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, Hep G2, and BaF3 cells using Rab11FIP1 (D9D8P) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF7 and SNB19 cells using Rab11FIP1 (D9D8P) Rabbit mAb and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457.
Immunoprecipitation of Rab11FIP1 from HeLa cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or Rab11FIP1 (D9D8P) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Rab11FIP1 (D9D8P) Rabbit mAb.
Rab11 family proteins consist of closely related Rab11a, Rab11b, and Rab25. They are small GTPases thought to play an essential role in regulating endocytic membrane traffic (1,2). The GTP-bound active state Rab11 proteins interact with the Rab11 family interacting proteins (Rab11FIPs) via a conserved carboxy-terminal Rab11-binding domain (3,4). At least six members of the Rab11FIPs have been identified. Based on sequence homology and domain structures, Rab11FIP1, Rab11FIP2 and Rab11FIP5 are categorized as class I subfamily members, whereas Rab11FIP3 and Rab11FIP4 belong to the class II subfamily that bind Arf6 and Rab11 proteins (5-7). Research studies have implicated Rab11 family proteins and their interacting effectors in carcinogenesis (8,9).
- Bock, J.B. et al. (2001) Nature 409, 839-41.
- Ullrich, O. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 913-24.
- Hales, C.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 39067-75.
- Prekeris, R. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 38966-70.
- Meyers, J.M. and Prekeris, R. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 49003-10.
- Lindsay, A.J. and McCaffrey, M.W. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 4365-75.
- Hickson, G.R. et al. (2003) Mol Biol Cell 14, 2908-20.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2009) J Clin Invest 119, 2171-83.
- Muller, P.A. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 1327-41.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9438 Rab11FIP1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.