Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SWI/SNF Complex Antibody Sampler Kit #12854
|12854S||1 Kit (6 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb #12354||40 µl||W, IHC-P||H, M, R, Mk||250||Rabbit IgG|
|Brg1 (A52) Antibody #3508||40 µl||W, IF-IC||H, M, Mk||R||220||Rabbit|
|BRM (D9E8B) XP® Rabbit mAb #11966||40 µl||W, IP, IF-IC, ChIP||H, Mk||Dg||200||Rabbit IgG|
|SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb #11956||40 µl||W, IP, ChIP||H, M, R, Mk||155||Rabbit IgG|
|SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb #12760||40 µl||W, IP, ChIP||H, M, R, Mk||Dg, Pg, GP, Hr||162, 170||Rabbit IgG|
|SNF5 (D9C2) Rabbit mAb #8745||40 µl||W||H, M, R, Mk||Hm, C, X, B||44||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Mk=Monkey
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb #11956.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using BRM (D9E8B) XP® Rabbit mAb #11966 (upper) or Brg1 (A52) Antibody #3508 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb #12354.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb #12760.
Western blot analysis of extracts of various cell lines using Brg1 (A52) Antibody #3508.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SNF5 (D9C2) Rabbit mAb #8745.
The SWI/SNF Complex Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means of detecting total protein from the SWI/SNF family members including ARID1A/BAF250A, Brg1, BRM, SMARCC1/BAF155, SMARCC2/BAF170 and SNF5. The kit contains enough primary antibody to perform four western blots per primary antibody.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in this kit recognizes endogenous levels of total protein for the specified target and does not cross-react with other family members. ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb also cross-reacts with proteins of unknown origin at 65 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly1293 of human ARID1A/BAF250A protein, Gly264 of human BRM protein, Gly975 of human SMARCC1/BAF155 protein, Ile818 of human SMARCC2/BAF170 protein, or Gln244 of human SNF5 protein. Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala52 of human Brg1 protein. Polyclonal antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes play an essential role in the regulation of various nuclear processes, such as gene expression, DNA replication, and repair (1,2). The SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex consists of more than 10 subunits with a single molecule of the ATPase catalytic subunit BRM or BRG1, but not both. The activities of these two subunits drive the disruption of histone-DNA contacts that lead to changes in accessibility of crucial regulatory elements within chromatin (2-5). The BRM/BRG1 containing SWI/SNF complexes are recruited to target promoters by transcription factors, such as nuclear receptors, p53, RB, and BRCA1 to regulate gene activation, cell growth, the cell cycle, and differentiation processes (1,6-9). BRM and BRG1 are also considered to be tumor suppressors and their expression levels are severely reduced in several cancer cell lines (10-13). SMARCC1/BAF155, SMARCC2/BAF170, and SNF5 are members of the core subunits of the SWI/SNF complex, which is necessary for efficient nucleosome remodeling by BRG1 in vitro (14). ARID1A/BAF250A is one of the accessory subunits of the SWI/SNF complex (15). SMARCC1, SNF5, and ARID1A are an essential part of the mouse embryonic stem cell specific SWI/SNF complex (esBAF). SMARCC1 is necessary for early embryogenesis, especially proper brain and visceral endoderm development (16-18). SNF5 is necessary for early embryogenesis and hepatocyte differentiation (19,20). ARID1A is critical for ES cell pluripotency and differentiation into mesoderm-derived cardiomyocytes and adipocytes (15). While SMARCC2 has been shown to be part of the SWI/SNF complex in non-pluripotent cells, it is absent in pluripotent embryonic stem (ES) cells. Expression of SMARCC2 has been shown to be up-regulated in neurons/neuronal progenitors upon differentiation of mouse ES cells with retinoic acid, and exogenous expression of SMARCC2 leads to loss of stem cell pluripotency and self renewal (21).
- Ho, L. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Nature 463, 474-84.
- Becker, P.B. and Hörz, W. (2002) Annu Rev Biochem 71, 247-73.
- Eberharter, A. and Becker, P.B. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 3707-11.
- Bowman, G.D. (2010) Curr Opin Struct Biol 20, 73-81.
- Gangaraju, V.K. and Bartholomew, B. (2007) Mutat Res 618, 3-17.
- Lessard, J.A. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 26, 503-32.
- Morettini, S. et al. (2008) Front Biosci 13, 5522-32.
- Wolf, I.M. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1580-6.
- Simone, C. (2006) J Cell Physiol 207, 309-14.
- Yamamichi, N. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 5471-81.
- Reisman, D.N. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 1196-207.
- Shen, H. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 10154-62.
- Weissman, B. and Knudsen, K.E. (2009) Cancer Res 69, 8223-30.
- Phelan, M.L. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 3, 247-53.
- Gao, X. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 6656-61.
- Han, D. et al. (2008) Dev Biol 315, 136-46.
- Kim, J.K. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 7787-95.
- Schaniel, C. et al. (2009) Stem Cells 27, 2979-91.
- Klochendler-Yeivin, A. et al. (2000) EMBO Rep 1, 500-6.
- Gresh, L. et al. (2005) EMBO J 24, 3313-24.
- Ho, L. et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 5181-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
* Product-specific protocol.
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.