Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
IGF-II Receptor/CI-M6PR Antibody #12871
|12871S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12871||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||275||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
IGF-II Receptor/CI-M6PR Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total IGF-II receptor (CI-M6PR).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala1675 of human IGF-II receptor (CI-M6PR). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) receptor, also widely known as cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (CI-M6PR), is a multifunctional type I transmembrane glycoprotein that participates in the internalization of mannose-6-phosphate modified hydrolases and IGF-II from the plasma membrane (1,2). In the absence of ligands, IGF-II receptor is constitutively endocytosed from the cell surface to accumulate in the Golgi apparatus (3). In the presence of ligands, the receptor transports the mannose-6-phosphate modified hydrolases to acidified endosomes and lysosomes (4). The ligand-free receptor is then transported back to the Golgi compartment or the cell surface (4). In several research studies, IGF-II receptor has been recognized as a tumor suppressor in a number of cancers (5-7).
- Lobel, P. et al. (1989) Cell 57, 787-96.
- Kiess, W. et al. (1988) J Biol Chem 263, 9339-44.
- York, S.J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 1164-71.
- Duncan, J.R. and Kornfeld, S. (1988) J Cell Biol 106, 617-28.
- Oates, A.J. et al. (1998) Breast Cancer Res Treat 47, 269-81.
- Martin-Kleiner, I. and Gall Troselj, K. (2010) Cancer Lett 289, 11-22.
- Puxbaum, V. et al. (2012) J Hepatol 57, 337-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9750 IGF-I Receptor β (D23H3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3018 IGF-I Receptor β (111A9) Rabbit mAb
- 3021 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1131)/Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1146) Antibody
- 3027 IGF-I Receptor β Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4796 Clathrin Heavy Chain (D3C6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2410 Clathrin Heavy Chain (P1663) Antibody
- 9765 Vesicle Trafficking Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4753 Cellular Localization IF Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.