Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-Tau (Thr181) (D9F4G) Rabbit mAb #12885
|12885S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12885||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50-80||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tau (Thr181) (D9F4G) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of Tau protein only when phosphorylated at Thr181.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr181 of human Tau protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain using Phospho-Tau (Thr181) (D9F4G) Rabbit mAb. The phospho-specificity of Phospho-Tau (Thr181) (D9F4G) Rabbit mAb was verified by peptide blocking using a phosphopeptide or non-phosphopeptide targeting residue Thr181.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human Alzheimer's brain using Phospho-Tau (Thr181) (D9F4G) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Phospho-Tau (Thr181) (D9F4G) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brain using Phospho-Tau (Thr181) (D9F4G) Rabbit mAb.
Tau is a heterogeneous microtubule-associated protein that promotes and stabilizes microtubule assembly, especially in axons. Six isoforms with different amino-terminal inserts and different numbers of tandem repeats near the carboxy terminus have been identified, and tau is hyperphosphorylated at approximately 25 sites by Erk, GSK-3, and CDK5 (1,2). Phosphorylation decreases the ability of tau to bind to microtubules. Neurofibrillary tangles are a major hallmark of Alzheimer's disease; these tangles are bundles of paired helical filaments composed of hyperphosphorylated tau. In particular, phosphorylation at Ser396 by GSK-3 or CDK5 destabilizes microtubules. Furthermore, research studies have shown that inclusions of tau are found in a number of other neurodegenerative diseases, collectively known as tauopathies (1,3).
The cerebrospinal fluid concentration of Tau phosphorylated at Thr181 has been proposed to be a biomarker for the study of neurodegenerative disorders (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9632 Phospho-Tau (Ser396) (PHF13) Mouse mAb
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 9784 Alzheimer Disease Antibody Sampler Kit
- 11834 Phospho-Tau (Ser202) Antibody
- 11837 Phospho-Tau (Ser400/Thr403/Ser404) Antibody
- 8243 β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 12467 β-Amyloid (1-37 Specific) (D2A6H) Rabbit mAb
- 12077 β-Amyloid (1-39 Specific) (D5Y9L) Rabbit mAb
- 12843 β-Amyloid (1-42 Specific) (D3E10) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SignalStain® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.