Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
TMEM49/VMP1 (D1Y3E) Rabbit mAb #12929
|12929S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12929||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||46||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
TMEM49/VMP1 (D1Y3E) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TMEM49/VMP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TMEM49/VMP1 protein.
Vacuole membrane protein 1 (VMP1, TMEM49) is a transmembrane protein localized to intracellular vacuoles that was originally described as a protein promoting vacuole formation in acinar cells associated with acute pancreatitis (1). Over-expression of VMP1 promotes vacuole formation and subsequent cell death (1). Additional research studies demonstrated that VMP1 expression might be induced by starvation or the mTOR inhibitor rapamycin, which triggers autophagy (2). VMP1 is targeted along with LC3 to autophagosome membranes (2). Knockdown of VMP1 can inhibit autophagosome formation (2). VMP1 interacts with beclin-1, a key autophagy protein that activates the class III PI3 kinase Vps34 (3). VMP1 functions in the degradation and clearance of zymogen-containing vacuoles during experimentally induced pancreatitis (4). During vacuole degradation and clearance, VMP1 interacts with the ubiquitin protease USP9X, suggesting a possible functional link between the molecular machinery of autophagy and the ubiquitin pathway. Orthologs of VMP1 from C. elegans (known as EPG-3), Drosophila (known as TANGO-5), and Dictyostelium, have been shown to play a role in membrane trafficking, organelle organization, and autophagy (5-7).
- Dusetti, N.J. et al. (2002) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290, 641-9.
- Ropolo, A. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 37124-33.
- Kang, R. et al. (2011) Cell Death Differ 18, 571-80.
- Grasso, D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 8308-24.
- Tian, Y. et al. (2010) Cell 141, 1042-55.
- Bard, F. et al. (2006) Nature 439, 604-7.
- Calvo-Garrido, J. et al. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 3442-53.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12978 TMEM49/VMP1 (D6N4G) Rabbit mAb
- 4643 TMEM49/VMP1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.