Product Pathways - Neuroscience
VGLUT2 Antibody #12937
|12937S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12937||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VGLUT2 recognizes endogenous levels of total VGLUT2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human VGLUT2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain, rat brain, and mouse spinal cord using VGLUT2 Antibody.
Glutamatergic neurons release glutamate, the most common excitatory neurotransmitter. Their synaptic vesicles are filled with glutamate by vesicular glutamate transporters, VGLUTs (1). VGLUT1, also called solute carrier family 17 member 7 (SLC17A7), was first identified as an inorganic phosphate transporter (2). Despite the absence of homology with neurotransmitter transporters, VGLUT1 was later demonstrated to be a glutamate transporter (1) specific to glutamatergic neurons (3). Closely related to VGLUT1, VGLUT2 and VGLUT3 are also involved in glutamate uptake into synaptic vesicles, but define different neuronal subpopulations (4,5). VGLUT1 and VGLUT2 are the most abundant isoforms. VGLUT1 is expressed in the cortex, hippocampus, and cerebellar cortex, while VGLUT2 is mostly found in the thalamus (6,7). VGLUT3 is expressed in hair cells of the auditory system (8).
- Bellocchio, E.E. et al. (2000) Science 289, 957-60.
- Ni, B. et al. (1996) J Neurochem 66, 2227-38.
- Takamori, S. et al. (2000) Nature 407, 189-94.
- Fremeau, R.T. et al. (2001) Neuron 31, 247-60.
- Fremeau, R.T. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99, 14488-93.
- Herzog, E. et al. (2001) J Neurosci 21, RC181.
- Kaneko, T. and Fujiyama, F. (2002) Neurosci Res 42, 243-50.
- Seal, R.P. et al. (2008) Neuron 57, 263-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12331 VGLUT1 Antibody
- 8652 AMPA Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5684 EAAT1 (D44E2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5685 EAAT1 (D20D5) Rabbit mAb
- 3838 EAAT2 Antibody
- 12179 EAAT3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.