Product Pathways - Metabolism
PCK1 (D12F5) Rabbit mAb #12940
|12940S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12940||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||63||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
PCK1 (D12F5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PCK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human PCK1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PCK1 (D12F5) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human PCK1 (hPCK1-Myc/DDK; +), using PCK1 (D12F5) Rabbit mAb (upper), DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (middle), or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase 1 (PCK1, PEPCK1 or PEPCK-C) is a cytosolic enzyme responsible for the conversion of oxaloacetate to phosphoenolpyruvate (1). PCK1 is involved in controlling the rate-limiting step of gluconeogenesis in the liver, which generates glucose from non-carbohydrate substrates such as lactate and glycerol (2). The deacetylase SirT1 stimulates transcription of PCK1 and glucose-6-phosphatase to activate gluconeogenesis (3). Depending on nutritional state, Stat3 can inhibit PCK1 and glucose-6-phosphatase expression and suppress gluconeogenesis (4). Relatively high glucose concentration can result in acetylation of PCK1 by P300 acetyltransferase, promoting an interaction between PCK1 and the E3 ligase UBR5 that leads to the PCK1 destabilization (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8565 PCK2 (D3E11) Rabbit mAb
- 6924 PCK2 Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3582 LDHA (C4B5) Rabbit mAb
- 2012 LDHA Antibody
- 8176 Phospho-LDHA (Tyr10) Antibody
- 3205 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (C54G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.