Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Syntaxin 1A Antibody #13002
|13002S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13002||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Syntaxin 1A Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total syntaxin 1A protein. The antibody may cross-react with syntaxin 1B.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val237 of human syntaxin 1A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Syntaxin 1A (STX1A) is a SNARE protein involved in intracellular membrane fusion, including synaptic vesicle fusion (1). At the synapse, syntaxin 1 is located at the presynaptic plasma membrane and is therefore categorized as a t-SNARE protein (2). The amino-terminal domain of syntaxin 1 interacts with Munc18-1 and this interaction is essential for synaptic vesicle fusion (3). Although originally characterized from neural tissues, research studies have demonstrated syntaxin 1A expression in exocrine tissues such as pancreatic islets (4) where it negatively regulates insulin release (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8474 Munc18-1 Antibody
- 8630 Synaptic Vesicle Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5308 SNAP25 (D7B4) Rabbit mAb
- 5309 SNAP25 (D9A12) Rabbit mAb
- 4329 Synaptophysin Antibody
- 3347 SYT1 Antibody
- 2869 Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.