Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
FAK (D2R2E) Rabbit mAb #13009
|13009S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13009||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||125||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
FAK (D2R2E) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total FAK protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser893 of human FAK protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using FAK (D2R2E) Rabbit mAb.
Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) is a widely expressed cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase involved in integrin-mediated signal transduction. It plays an important role in the control of several biological processes, including cell spreading, migration, and survival (1). Activation of FAK by integrin clustering leads to autophosphorylation at Tyr397, which is a binding site for the Src family kinases PI3K and PLCγ (2-5). Recruitment of Src family kinases results in the phosphorylation of Tyr407, Tyr576, and Tyr577 in the catalytic domain, and Tyr871 and Tyr925 in the carboxy-terminal region of FAK (6,7).
- Parsons, J.T. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5606-13.
- Schaller, M.D. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 1680-8.
- Cobb, B.S. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 147-55.
- Chen, H.C. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 26329-34.
- Zhang, X. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 9021-6.
- Calalb, M.B. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 954-63.
- Schlaepfer, D.D. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 786-791.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8556 Phospho-FAK (Tyr397) (D20B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3281 Phospho-FAK (Tyr576/577) Antibody
- 3284 Phospho-FAK (Tyr925) Antibody
- 3285 FAK Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.