Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IRF-7 (D2A1J) Rabbit mAb #13014
|13014S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13014||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRF-7 (D2A1J) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IRF-7 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro115 of human IRF-7 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 and G-361 cells, untreated (-) or treated with Human Interferon-α1 (hIFN-α1) #8927 (10 ng/ml, overnight; +), using IRF-7 (D2A1J) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® IRF-7 siRNA I #13139 (+) or SignalSilence® IRF-7 siRNA II #13291 (+). Twenty-four hours after transfection, cells were treated with Human Interferon-α1 (hIFN-α1) #8927 (10 ng/ml, overnight; +) and analyzed by western blot using IRF-7 (D2A1J) Rabbit mAb #13014 (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). The IRF-7 (D2A1J) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of IRF-7 expression, while the β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Interferon regulatory factors (IRFs) comprise a family of transcription factors that function within the Jak/Stat pathway to regulate interferon (IFN) and IFN-inducible gene expression in response to viral infection (1). IRFs play an important role in pathogen defense, autoimmunity, lymphocyte development, cell growth, and susceptibility to transformation. The IRF family includes nine members: IRF-1, IRF-2, ISGF3γ/p48, IRF-3, IRF-4 (Pip/LSIRF/ICSAT), IRF-5, IRF-6, IRF-7, and IRF-8/ICSBP. All IRF proteins share homology in their amino-terminal DNA-binding domains. IRF family members regulate transcription through interactions with proteins that share similar DNA-binding motifs, such as IFN-stimulated response elements (ISRE), IFN consensus sequences (ICS), and IFN regulatory elements (IRF-E) (2).
IRF-7, which is functionally similar to IRF-3, is preferentially expressed in lymphoid cells and induced by virus, LPS, and IFN-α (3-5). IRF-7 plays an essential role in the induction of type I interferon in response to viral infection (6-8). IRF-7 is regulated at multiple serine phosphorylation sites near the carboxyl terminus, similar to IRF-3, which are required for nuclear translocation, DNA binding, and transcriptional activity (9-11).
- Taniguchi, T. et al. (2001) Annu Rev Immunol 19, 623-55.
- Honda, K. and Taniguchi, T. (2006) Nat Rev Immunol 6, 644-58.
- Au, W.C. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 29210-7.
- Wathelet, M.G. et al. (1998) Mol Cell 1, 507-18.
- Marié, I. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 6660-9.
- Sato, M. et al. (2000) Immunity 13, 539-48.
- Honda, K. et al. (2005) Nature 434, 772-7.
- Colina, R. et al. (2008) Nature 452, 323-8.
- Lin, R. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 34320-7.
- Yang, H. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 15495-504.
- Caillaud, A. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 17671-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4920 IRF-7 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.