Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-PFKFB2 (Ser483) (D4R1W) Rabbit mAb #13064
|13064S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13064||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PFKFB2 (Ser483) (D4R1W) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of PFKFB2 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser483.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser483 of human PFKFB2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum starved HeLa cells, untreated (-) or treated with insulin (150 nM, 5 min; +) or IGF-1 (100 ng/ml, 5 min; +), using Phospho-PFKFB2 (Ser483) (D4R1W) Rabbit mAb (upper) or PFKFB2 (D7G5R) Rabbit mAb #13045 (lower). The phospho-specificity of Phospho-PFKFB2 (Ser483) (D4R1W) Rabbit mAb is verified by treating the nitrocellulose membranes with calf intestinal alkaline phosphatase (CIP) and λ protein phosphatase (λ PP) following transfer of proteins from the SDS-PAGE gel to the membranes.
The bifunctional 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase (PFK-2/FBPase or PFKFB) catalyzes the synthesis and degradation of fructose 2,6-bisphosphate and regulates its steady-state level (1,2). Fructose 2,6-bisphosphate activates phosphofructokinase, a rate-limiting enzyme in glycolysis, by allosteric regulation (1,2). Four different PFKFB isoforms (PFKFB1, PFKFB2, PFKFB3, and PFKFB4) have been identified (1,2). Research studies indicate that amino acids activate PFKFB2 through Akt-dependent phosphorylation at Ser483 on PFKFB2 (3). In addition, androgen increases the expression of PFKFB2 in prostate cancer cells (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13029 PFKFB2 (D5I5F) Rabbit mAb
- 13045 PFKFB2 (D7G5R) Rabbit mAb
- 13123 PFKFB3 (D7H4Q) Rabbit mAb
- 9645 PFKFB3 Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 8169 Hexokinase II (3D7) Mouse mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8434 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 12746 PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb
- 8164 PFKP (D4B2) Rabbit mAb
- 5412 PFKP Antibody
- 8175 PFKL Antibody
- 4567 Fumarase (D9C5) Rabbit mAb
- 12098 PGAM1 (D3J9T) Rabbit mAb
- 3810 Enolase-1 Antibody
- 8171 Enolase-2 (D20H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9536 Enolase-2 Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2012 LDHA Antibody
- 8176 Phospho-LDHA (Tyr10) Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.