Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Ring1A (D2P4D) Rabbit mAb #13069
|13069S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13069||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat||Endogenous||54||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Guinea Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ring1A (D2P4D) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Ring1A protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Ring1B.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro316 of human Ring1A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Ring1A (D2P4D) Rabbit mAb.
Ring1A plays a role in polycomb group (PcG) protein function. PcG proteins are critically involved in transcriptional repression of Hox genes during development (1,2). PcG proteins form two distinct complexes: EED-EZH2 and the PRC complex, which is composed of at least Bmi1 and Ring1A/Ring1B. The EZH2-containing complex is responsible for the methylation of H3K27, and the PRC complex ubiquitylates H2A. EZH2 methylation is required prior to PRC ubiquitylation, and both are essential for Hox gene repression (3). It has recently been shown that PcG proteins silence a group of developmentally important regulator genes, referred to as bivalent genes (4). This regulation may be responsible for the ability of stem cells to self renew or switch to differentiate into multipotent progenitors. Aberrant epigenetic silencing by PcG proteins is also thought to be important in tumorigenesis (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2820 Ring1A Antibody
- 5694 RING1B (D22F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8240 Ubiquityl-Histone H2A (Lys119) (D27C4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2578 Histone H2A Antibody II
- 5246 Ezh2 (D2C9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3737 SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5856 Bmi1 (D42B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9733 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (C36B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9728 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (D18C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7693 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
DyLight™ is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.