Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
Rab25 (D3H4N) Rabbit mAb #13081
|13081S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13081||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab25 (D3H4N) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rab25 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala132 of human Rab25 protein.
Rab11a, Rab11b, and Rab25 are members of the Rab11 subfamily of small Ras-like GTPases. Unlike universally expressed Rab11, typical Rab25 expression appears to be limited to gastrointestinal mucosa, kidney, and lung (1). Rab25 can associate with apical recycling vesicles to help regulate apical vesicle trafficking (2,3). Research studies indicate that atypical Rab25 expression can be associated with various forms of cancer. Increased Rab25 expression is associated with aggressive growth in ovarian and breast cancer, where Rab25 may inhibit apoptosis and promote cancer cell proliferation and invasion through regulation of vesicle transport and cellular motility (4-7). Interaction between Rab25 and β1 integrin promotes vesicle-mediated transport of integrin to pseudopodial tip membranes, fostering the persistent invasion of tumor cells (8). Conversely, the reported loss of Rab25 expression in a number of breast cancer cases has an unclear effect on cancer pathogenesis (9).
- Goldenring, J.R. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 18419-22.
- Casanova, J.E. et al. (1999) Mol Biol Cell 10, 47-61.
- Wang, X. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 29138-46.
- Cheng, K.W. et al. (2004) Nat Med 10, 1251-6.
- Cheng, K.W. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 2516-9.
- Chia, W.J. and Tang, B.L. (2009) Biochim Biophys Acta 1795, 110-6.
- Tang, B.L. and Ng, E.L. (2009) Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 66, 365-70.
- Caswell, P.T. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 496-510.
- Cheng, J.M. et al. (2010) Int J Cancer 126, 2799-812.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13048 Rab25 (D4P6P) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4314 Rab25 Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.