Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GPR50 Antibody #13096
|13096S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13096||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GPR50 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total GPR50 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly377 of human GPR50 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untransfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human GPR50 (hGPR50-Myc/DDK; +), using GPR50 Antibody. Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells using GPR50 Antibody.
G protein-coupled receptor 50 (GPR50) is an orphan G protein coupled receptor with high sequence homology to the melatonin receptors MT1 and MT2. While classified as a member of the melatonin receptor family and also known as melatonin-related receptor, GPR50 does not bind melatonin (1). GPR50 forms heterodimers with MT1 and MT2 and acts as a negative regulator of MT1 agonist binding and G protein coupling; inhibition of melatonin receptor activity is dependent on the long, proline-rich carboxy terminal tail of GPR50 (2). On a physiological level, GPR50 is involved in the regulation of adaptive thermoregulation in mammals and deletion of GPR50 in mice produces a profound effect on the response to fasting and facilitates entry into torpor (3). Polymorphisms in the corresponding GPR50 gene are associated with bipolar affective disorder and major depressive disorder in women, indicating that variation in GPR50 may be an important gender-specific risk factor for certain mental disorders (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9195 RGS4 Antibody
- 3857 β-Arrestin 2 (C16D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2416 Phospho-β-Arrestin 1 (Ser412) (6-24) Mouse mAb
- 4674 β-Arrestin 1/2 (D24H9) Rabbit mAb
- 6218 SignalSilence® β-Arrestin 1 siRNA I
- 9061 Spinophilin Antibody
- 3982 GRK2 Antibody
- 5878 GRK6 (D1A4) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.