Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
RBBP5 (D3I6P) Rabbit mAb #13171
|13171S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13171||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Xenopus, Bovine, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RBBP5 (D3I6P) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RBBP5 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val408 of human RBBP5 protein.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells and either 10 μl of RBBP5 (D3I6P) or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human CDKN1B Promoter Primers #11951, human CDKN2C promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using RBBP5 (D3I6P) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of RBBP5 from C2C12 cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or RBBP5 (D3I6P) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using RBBP5 (D3I6P) Rabbit mAb.
The Set1 histone methyltransferase protein was first identified in yeast as part of the Set1/COMPASS histone methyltransferase complex, which methylates histone H3 at Lys4 and functions as a transcriptional co-activator (1). While yeast contain only one known Set1 protein, mammals contain six Set1-related proteins: SET1A, SET1B, MLL1, MLL2, MLL3, and MLL4, all of which assemble into COMPASS-like complexes and methylate histone H3 at Lys4 (2,3). These Set1-related proteins are each found in distinct protein complexes, all of which share the common subunits WDR5, RBBP5, ASH2L, CXXC1 and DPY30, which are required for proper complex assembly and modulation of histone methyltransferase activity (2-6). MLL1 and MLL2 complexes contain the additional protein subunit, menin (6). Like yeast Set1, all six Set1-related mammalian proteins methylate histone H3 at Lys4 (2-6). MLL translocations are found in a large number of hematological malignancies, suggesting that Set1/COMPASS histone methyltransferase complexes play a critical role in leukemogenesis (6).
- Miller, T. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 12902-7.
- Shilatifard, A. (2008) Curr Opin Cell Biol 20, 341-8.
- Tenney, K. and Shilatifard, A. (2005) J Cell Biochem 95, 429-36.
- Lee, J.H. and Skalnik, D.G. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 41725-31.
- Lee, J.H. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 13419-28.
- Hughes, C.M. et al. (2004) Mol Cell 13, 587-97.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13105 WDR5 (D9E1I) Rabbit mAb
- 13073 WDR5 (D3X5B) Rabbit mAb
- 5019 ASH2L (D93F6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8037 RBBP5 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 11951 SimpleChIP® Human CDKN1B Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SimpleChIP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.