Product Pathways - Metabolism
IGFBP3 Antibody #13216
|13216S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13216||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
IGFBP3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total IGFBP3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser155 of human IGFBP3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signaling plays a major role in regulating the proliferation and metabolism of normal and malignant cells (1). Insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs) play an integral role in modifying IGF actions in a wide variety of cell types. The six IGFBP family members share a high affinity for IGF binding and are structurally related, but are encoded by distinct genes (1). IGF binding proteins can exert stimulatory or inhibitory effects by controlling IGF availability through high affinity binding of IGF at the carboxy-terminal domain (2,3). IGFBP3 is the most abundant serum IGF binding protein and the main mediator for IGF-I bioactivities. IGFBP3 also binds IGF-II, insulin, and other cellular and extracellular components to regulate cell growth, development, and apoptosis through both IGF-dependent and IGF-independent mechanisms (4-8). Research studies describe correlations between increased IGF-I levels and reduced levels of IGFBP3 with increased risks of developing cancer, including breast, colon, lung, and prostate cancer (2).
- Hwa, V. et al. (1999) Endocr Rev 20, 761-87.
- Yu, H. and Rohan, T. (2000) J Natl Cancer Inst 92, 1472-89.
- Martin, J.L. and Baxter, R.C. (2011) Growth Factors 29, 235-44.
- Zapf, J. et al. (1990) J Biol Chem 265, 14892-8.
- Coverley, J.A. and Baxter, R.C. (1997) Mol Cell Endocrinol 128, 1-5.
- Ingermann, A.R. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 30233-46.
- Liu, B. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 33607-13.
- Baxter, R.C. (2001) Mol Pathol 54, 145-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 12579 Human His6IGFBP3 (hHis6IGFBP3)
- 8917 Human Insulin-like Growth Factor I (hIGF-I)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.