Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Nogo-A Antibody #13401
|13401S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13401||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||180||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nogo-A Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Nogo-A protein. Based on sequence homology, this antibody is not expected to recognize Nogo-B or Nogo-C.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly220 of human Nogo-A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Neurite outgrowth inhibition protein (Nogo, RTN4) is a reticulon family protein that was identified as an axonal growth inhibitor of the central nervous system (CNS). Nogo occurs as three major isoforms (Nogo-A, Nogo-B, and Nogo-C) that share a common carboxy terminus of 188 amino acids. Nogo-A is transmembrane protein enriched in the endoplasmic reticulum and expressed at high levels in the CNS, and more weakly in skeletal and heart muscle (1-3). Expression of Nogo-A decreases with increasing age during brain development. In the adult CNS, negative regulation of neuronal growth leads to stabilization of the CNS wiring at the expense of extensive plastic rearrangements. Nogo-A meditates inhibition of neurite growth together with the nogo receptor 1 (NgR1), the p75 neurotrophin receptor p75NTR, and the transmembrane LINGO1 protein. This Nogo receptor signaling complex activates the RhoA/ROCK pathway, which collapses neuronal growth cones and inhibits axonal growth in the CNS following traumatic brain injury. Research studies suggest that inhibition of Nogo A may be beneficial to patients with traumatic brain injury. Nogo-B and Nogo-C inhibit BACE1 activity and amyloid precursor protein processing, suggesting a role in cell survival (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6487 α-Actinin (D6F6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4604 Doublecortin Antibody
- 6921 Mena (D33C1) Rabbit mAb
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8238 p75NTR (D4B3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4760 Nestin (Rat-401) Mouse mAb
- 5663 Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8707 MAP2 (D5G1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8687 Protein A Magnetic Beads
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 9998 BSA
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.