Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Munc18-1 (D4O6V) Rabbit mAb #13414
|13414S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13414||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Munc18-1 (D4O6V) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Munc18-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr157 of human Munc18-1 protein.
Munc18-1 belongs to the Munc18 protein family that also includes Munc18-2 and Munc18-3. These proteins are highly conserved at the amino acid sequence level and play a critical role in membrane fusion. Munc18 proteins control SNARE complex formation (1,2) and interact with syntaxin (3). In Munc18-1 knockout mice, neurotransmitter release is completely abolished (4). In addition, Munc18-1 acts as a molecular chaperone for syntaxin-1, allowing for formation of the SNARE complex at the plasma membrane (5). Munc18-1 also acts as a regulator of vesicle docking during exocytosis (6).
- Rizo, J. and Südhof, T.C. (2002) Nat Rev Neurosci 3, 641-53.
- Südhof, T.C. and Rothman, J.E. (2009) Science 323, 474-7.
- Han, G.A. et al. (2010) J Neurochem 115, 1-10.
- Verhage, M. et al. (2000) Science 287, 864-9.
- Medine, C.N. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 4407-15.
- Voets, T. et al. (2001) Neuron 31, 581-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13151 VAMP1 Antibody
- 13508 VAMP2 (D6O1A) Rabbit mAb
- 11829 VAMP2 Antibody
- 13302 Complexin-1/2 Antibody
- 13239 Complexin-1 Antibody
- 13098 Vti1a Antibody
- 13002 Syntaxin 1A Antibody
- 8630 Synaptic Vesicle Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5308 SNAP25 (D7B4) Rabbit mAb
- 5309 SNAP25 (D9A12) Rabbit mAb
- 4329 Synaptophysin Antibody
- 3347 SYT1 Antibody
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.