Product Pathways - Protein Translation
CNOT6 (E1L8F) Rabbit mAb #13415
|13415S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13415||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CNOT6 (E1L8F) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CNOT6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly400 of human CNOT6 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CNOT6 (E1L8F) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human CNOT6 (hCNOT6-Myc/DDK; +), using CNOT6 (E1L8F) Rabbit mAb (upper), DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (middle), or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
The evolutionarily conserved CCR4-NOT (CNOT) complex regulates mRNA metabolism in eukaryotic cells (1). This regulation occurs at different levels of mRNA synthesis and degradation, including transcription initiation, elongation, deadenylation, and degradation (1). Multiple components, including CNOT1, CNOT2, CNOT3, CNOT4, CNOT6, CNOT6L, CNOT7, CNOT8, CNOT9, and CNOT10 have been identified in this complex (2). In addition, subunit composition of this complex has been shown to vary among different tissues (3).
The various CNOT proteins display different functions, with CNOT6, CNOT6L, CNOT7 and CNOT8 exhibiting 3'-5' RNAse activity (2,4). Research studies indicate that the CCR4-NOT deadenylase subunits CNOT6 and CNOT6L help mediate cell survival and play a role in cell proliferation, P-body formation, and regulation of gene expression (5). Additional research evidence suggests that CNOT6 can act as a nuclear hormone receptor coactivator that associates with ZNF335 (NIF-1) to regulate expression from specific RARα regulated genes (6).
- Denis, C.L. and Chen, J. (2003) Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol 73, 221-50.
- Lau, N.C. et al. (2009) Biochem J 422, 443-53.
- Chen, C. et al. (2011) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411, 360-4.
- Chen, J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1414-26.
- Mittal, S. et al. (2011) Mol Biol Cell 22, 748-58.
- Garapaty, S. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 6806-16.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6955 CNOT2 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.