Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
NRMT (D9D6P) Rabbit mAb #13432
|13432S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13432||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
NRMT (D9D6P) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NRMT protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu49 of human NRMT protein.
N-terminal RCC1 methyltransferase (NRMT), formerly known as methyltransferase-like protein 11A (METTL11A), is a member of the methyltransferase 11 family of proteins and is the first α-N-methyltransferase to be discovered in humans (1-3). Amino-terminal methylation of free α-amino groups is a post-translational modification where an initiating Met residue is cleaved and the exposed α–amino group is mono-, di-, or trimethylated by NRMT (4). NRMT methylates proteins containing an amino-terminal Met-X-Pro-Lys motif, where X is an alanine, proline, or serine residue (4). Substrates of NRMT include the Ran guanine nucleotide-exchange factor (RCC1), SET/TAF-1/PHAP-II, retinoblastoma (Rb), and CENP-B (3-6). α-N-methylation of RCC1 is required for efficient binding to chromatin, securing normal bipolar spindle formation and chromosome segregation (3,5). α-N-methylation of CENP-B also appears to regulate CENP-B binding to centromeric DNA (6).
- Wrighton, K.H. (2010) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 11, 604-5.
- Webb, K.J. et al. (2010) Biochemistry 49, 5225-35.
- Tooley, C.E. et al. (2010) Nature 466, 1125-8.
- Petkowski, J.J. et al. (2012) Biochemistry 51, 5942-50.
- Chen, T. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 596-603.
- Dai, X. et al. (2013) J Proteome Res 12, 4167-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5500 Phospho-RCC1 (Ser11) (D18B5) Rabbit mAb
- 5134 RCC1 (D15H6) Rabbit mAb
- 5104 RCC2 (D14F3) Rabbit mAb
- 8516 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) (D20B12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8180 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (D59B7) Rabbit mAb
- 9313 Rb (D20) Rabbit mAb
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.