Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Spartin Antibody #13520
|13520S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13520||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Spartin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total spartin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human spartin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Spastic paraplegia 20 (spartin) is encoded by the SPG20 gene in humans, which is altered in some individuals with an autosomal recessive form of hereditary spastic paraplegia known as Troyer syndrome (1,2). While Troyer syndrome research studies have yet to clearly describe the subcellular localization or function of spartin, additional work implicates spartin in endosomal trafficking, microtubule dynamics, and lipid homoeostasis (3-5). This multifunctional protein is ubiquitously expressed within the nervous system and in non-neuronal tissues, and displays a diverse pattern of cellular localization (6). The SPG20 gene promoter is hypermethylated in many cases of colorectal cancer, which results in decreased spartin expression and cytokinesis arrest. This suggests that spartin expression and methylation state could be a promising biomarker for colorectal tumors (7).
- Patel, H. et al. (2002) Nat Genet 31, 347-8.
- Bakowska, J.C. et al. (2008) Arch Neurol 65, 520-4.
- Edwards, T.L. et al. (2009) Biochem J 423, 31-9.
- Lu, J. et al. (2006) J Neurochem 98, 1908-19.
- Eastman, S.W. et al. (2009) J Cell Biol 184, 881-94.
- Milewska, M. et al. (2009) J Neurochem 111, 1022-30.
- Lind, G.E. et al. (2011) Oncogene 30, 3967-78.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5695 HECTH9 (AX8D1) Mouse mAb
- 12117 ITCH (D8Q6D) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.