Product Pathways - Protein Translation
CPEB1 Antibody #13583
|13583S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13583||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||65||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CPEB1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CPEB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu170 of human CPEB1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human CPEB1 protein (hCPEB1-Myc/DDK), using CPEB1 Antibody (upper), Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (middle), or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein (CPEB) is a conserved protein that binds RNA and regulates translation (1-3). CPEB binds to the cytoplasmic polyadenylation element (CPE) located in the 3′ untranslated region (UTR) of specific mRNAs expressed in germ cells, fibroblasts, and neurons (1-4). Together with other factors, CPEB promotes polyadenylation of mRNA transcripts to create mRNA poly(A) tails prior to translation (1-3). CPEB1 regulates meiotic and early-embryonic cell proliferation and is essential for mediation of poly(A) tail length changes required for mitotic cell division (4). Research studies suggest that CPEB1-mediated shortening of the 3'-UTR correlates with tumorigenesis (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3894 PARN (A42) Antibody
- 3899 PARN (P620) Antibody
- 2914 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2995 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 3079 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2528 Phospho-p53 (Ser315) Antibody
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 12100 Aurora A (1F8) Mouse mAb
- 3092 Aurora A/AIK Antibody
- 3094 Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody
- 11945 CaMKII-α (D10C11) Rabbit mAb
- 3357 CaMKII-α Antibody
- 12231 Cyclin B1 (D5C10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4138 Cyclin B1 Antibody
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 4112 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4118 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 4131 Phospho-Cyclin B1 (Ser147) Antibody
- 4133 Phospho-Cyclin B1 (Ser133) (9E3) Rabbit mAb
- 8525 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.