Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
JARID2 (D6M9X) Rabbit mAb #13594
|13594S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13594||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||150||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
JARID2 (D6M9X) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total JARID2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp1114 of human JARID2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from F9 cells and NTERA-2 cells, untreated (-) or treated with retinoic acid (1 μM, 5 d; +) to induce differentiation, using JARID2 (D6M9X) Rabbit mAb (upper) and GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower). As expected, JARID2 protein levels decrease upon NTERA-2 cell differentiation.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 NCCIT cells and either 10 µl of JARID2 (D6M9X) Rabbit mAb or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human HoxA1 Intron 1 Primers #7707, SimpleChIP® Human HoxA2 Promoter Primers #5517, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Jumonji/ARID domain-containing protein 2 (JARID2) is a founding member of the JmjC-domain-containing protein family that is involved in regulation of histone methyltransferase activity (1,2). While many proteins in this family are protein demethylases, JARID2 lacks several conserved residues in the catalytic domain and does not exhibit protein demethylase activity (1,2). Research studies indicate that JARID2 is a nuclear protein that is highly expressed in poorly differentiated and actively dividing cells, with expression decreasing upon cellular differentiation (3,4). Expression of JARID2 protein is essential for embryonic development as the protein plays an important role in regulation of heart and liver development, neural tube fusion, and hematopoiesis (4). JARID2 is an accessory component of the polycomb repressor complex 2 (PRC2), which represses target gene expression through methylation of histone H3 at lysine 27 by EZH2 methyltransferase (5-10). JARID2 recruits the PRC2 complex to target genes and increases EZH2 methyltransferase activity by binding to nucleosomes and DNA (5-10). Additional studies show that loss of JARID2 expression results in decreased recruitment of PRC2, decreased methylation of histone H3 at lysine 27 at target genes, and delayed and incomplete differentiation of embryonic stem cells (5-10). Experimental knockdown of JARID2 in Xenopus laevis impairs the induction of gastrulation genes in blastula embryos and results in differentiation failure (5).
- Cloos, P.A. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 1115-40.
- Klose, R.J. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Genet 7, 715-27.
- Luzzani, C. et al. (2011) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 410, 816-22.
- Jung, J. et al. (2005) Dev Dyn 232, 21-32.
- Peng, J.C. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 1290-302.
- Shen, X. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 1303-14.
- Pasini, D. et al. (2010) Nature 464, 306-10.
- Li, G. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 368-80.
- Son, J. et al. (2013) Genes Dev 27, 2663-77.
- Kaneko, S. et al. (2014) Mol Cell 53, 290-300.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 5246 Ezh2 (D2C9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3737 SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6964 Bmi1 (D20B7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5856 Bmi1 (D42B3) Rabbit mAb
- 13069 Ring1A (D2P4D) Rabbit mAb
- 5694 RING1B (D22F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7693 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 9728 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (D18C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9733 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (C36B11) Rabbit mAb
- 8240 Ubiquityl-Histone H2A (Lys119) (D27C4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5517 SimpleChIP® Human HoxA2 Promoter Primers
- 7707 SimpleChIP® Human HoxA1 Intron 1 Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SimpleChIP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.