Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-GKAP (Ser346) Antibody #13638
|13638S||100 µl||---||In Stock||---|
|13638||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-GKAP (Ser346) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of GKAP protein only when phosphorylated at Ser346.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser346 of human GKAP protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Guanylate kinase-associated protein (GKAP, DLGAP1 or SAPAP1) is part of the postsynaptic scaffolding complex that includes the PSD-95, SAP90, and SHANK proteins (1-3). GKAP links the synaptic protein SHANK to a PSD-95 complex that includes NMDA glutamate receptors (3,4). Synaptic activity induces ubiquitination of GKAP protein by the E3 ubiquitin ligase TRIM3, which results in decreased GKAP protein levels through degradation (5,6). GKAP protein turnover is regulated by a CaMKII-dependent, bidirectional mechanism. Synaptic over-excitation leads to CaMKIIα-mediated GKAP phosphorylation at Ser346, which induces polyubiquitination of GKAP and removal of the scaffold protein from synapses. In contrast, during low-level synaptic activity CaMKIIβ phosphorylates GKAP, which triggers dissociation of GKAP from the motor protein complex responsible for GKAP transport to the base of the synapse and its subsequent incorporation into the postsynaptic density (7).
- Satoh, K. et al. (1997) Genes Cells 2, 415-24.
- Kim, E. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 136, 669-78.
- Naisbitt, S. et al. (1999) Neuron 23, 569-82.
- Romorini, S. et al. (2004) J Neurosci 24, 9391-404.
- Ehlers, M.D. (2003) Nat Neurosci 6, 231-42.
- Hung, A.Y. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e9842.
- Shin, S.M. et al. (2012) Nat Neurosci 15, 1655-66.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12218 SHANK2 Antibody
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3409 PSD95 (D74D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8231 Homer1 Antibody
- 12882 Neuronal Scaffold Proteins Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8630 Synaptic Vesicle Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8652 AMPA Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.