Product Pathways - Neuroscience
VAMP3 Antibody #13640
|13640S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13640||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||13||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
VAMP3 recognizes endogenous levels of total VAMP3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with VAMP1 or VAMP2 proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human VAMP3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Proteins in the soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor (SNARE) complex are integral membrane proteins involved in vesicle transport and membrane fusion by pairing of vesicular SNAREs (v-SNAREs) with cognate target SNAREs (t-SNAREs) (reviewed in 1,2). Vesicle associated membrane protein 3 (VAMP3), also known as cellubrevin, has a broad tissue distribution and localizes to endosomal compartments (3). VAMP3 interacts with the t-SNAREs syntaxin1, syntaxin4, SNAP23, and SNAP25 (4,5). Research studies indicate that VAMP3 is involved in transferrin receptor recycling to the plasma membrane (6) and in T-cell receptor recycling to immunological synapses (7). Inhibition of VAMP3 with tetanus toxin impairs membrane trafficking during cell migration (8).
- Jena, B.P. (2011) Adv Exp Med Biol 713, 13-32.
- Kasai, H. et al. (2012) Physiol Rev 92, 1915-64.
- McMahon, H.T. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 346-9.
- Chilcote, T.J. et al. (1995) J Cell Biol 129, 219-31.
- Schraw, T.D. et al. (2003) Biochem J 374, 207-17.
- Galli, T. et al. (1994) J Cell Biol 125, 1015-24.
- Das, V. et al. (2004) Immunity 20, 577-88.
- Tayeb, M.A. et al. (2005) Exp Cell Res 305, 63-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13151 VAMP1 Antibody
- 13508 VAMP2 (D6O1A) Rabbit mAb
- 11829 VAMP2 Antibody
- 8630 Synaptic Vesicle Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8474 Munc18-1 Antibody
- 3347 SYT1 Antibody
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5308 SNAP25 (D7B4) Rabbit mAb
- 5309 SNAP25 (D9A12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.