Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
MED26 Antibody #13641
|13641S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13641||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MED26 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MED26 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human MED26 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Mediator complex consists of about 25-30 proteins and is thought to facilitate transcription activation by acting as a molecular bridge between the RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) machinery and transcription factors (1). Mediator is recruited to target genes by transcription factors and plays an essential role in the recruitment and stabilization of the RNAPII transcription complex at promoters, as well as the activation of transcription post RNAPII recruitment (1-5). The Mediator complex also plays an important role in creating ‘chromatin loops’ that occur as a result of interactions between the transcription factor bound at distal enhancers and RNAPII bound at the proximal promoter, and works to sustain proper chromatin architecture during active transcription (6-8).
Mediator complex subunit 26 (MED26) plays a critical role in the transition of RNAPII from the initiation to elongation phase of transcription. The amino-terminal domain of MED26 is required for recruitment of the ELL- and pTEFb-containing complexes to target genes, which facilitates transcription elongation (9).
- Taatjes, D.J. (2010) Trends Biochem Sci 35, 315-22.
- Kornberg, R.D. (2005) Trends Biochem Sci 30, 235-9.
- Malik, S. and Roeder, R.G. (2005) Trends Biochem Sci 30, 256-63.
- Malik, S. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 5626-37.
- Wang, G. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 17, 683-94.
- Kagey, M.H. et al. (2010) Nature 467, 430-5.
- Park, S.W. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 19, 643-53.
- Chen, Z. et al. (2011) EMBO J 30, 2405-19.
- Takahashi, H. et al. (2011) Cell 146, 92-104.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4529 MED12 Antibody
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
- 4101 CDK8 (G398) Antibody
- 4106 CDK8 (P455) Antibody
- 2316 CDK9 (C12F7) Rabbit mAb
- 8744 Cyclin T1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.