Product Pathways - Neuroscience
5-HTR4 (D8O5K) Rabbit mAb #13690
|13690S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13690||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||40-140||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
5-HTR4 (D8O5K) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total 5-HTR4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala361 of human 5-HTR4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human 5-HTR4 (h5-HTR4-Myc/DDK; +), using 5-HTR4 (D8O5K) Rabbit mAb.
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) is a central nervous system monoamine implicated in a number of physiological functions, including sleep, mood, appetite, anxiety, and neurovegetative control (1). Serotonin acts through the activation of G protein receptors called serotonin receptors (5-HTRs). Seven 5-HTR subclasses (5-HTR1-7) have been described to date (2). Serotonin receptor 4 (5-HTR4) couples to Gαs (3), with stimulation of the receptor leading to adenylyl cyclase activation, elevation of cyclic AMP levels and downstream PKA activation (4). The corresponding HTR4 gene exhibits a complex structure, which includes a large number of splice variants that seem to share the same pharmacological properties (5). 5-HTR4 is one of several receptors implicated in cognition, depression, and the development of Alzheimer's disease (6-8).
- Jacobs, B.L. and Azmitia, E.C. (1992) Physiol Rev 72, 165-229.
- Hoyer, D. et al. (1994) Pharmacol Rev 46, 157-203.
- Bockaert, J. et al. (2006) Cell Tissue Res 326, 553-72.
- Nichols, D.E. and Nichols, C.D. (2008) Chem Rev 108, 1614-41.
- Hannon, J. and Hoyer, D. (2008) Behav Brain Res 195, 198-213.
- King, M.V. et al. (2008) Trends Pharmacol Sci 29, 482-92.
- Lucas, G. et al. (2007) Neuron 55, 712-25.
- Cho, S. and Hu, Y. (2007) Exp Neurol 203, 274-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9879 5-HTR1A Antibody
- 8513 β2-Adrenergic Receptor (D6H2) Rabbit mAb
- 12271 β1-Adrenergic Receptor Antibody
- 11830 SSTR1 Antibody
- 13096 GPR50 Antibody
- 3451 Phospho-μ-Opioid Receptor (Ser375) Antibody
- 8710 Rhodopsin Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.