Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CD13/APN (E1Y7U) Rabbit mAb #13721
|13721S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13721||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||140-160||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD13/APN (E1Y7U) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CD13/APN protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg90 of human CD13/APN protein.
Aminopeptidase N (APN, CD13) is a widely expressed, membrane-bound proteolytic enzyme that breaks down peptides during digestion, cleaves cell surface antigens during antigen presentation, and acts as a receptor for human viruses, including several coronaviruses. This multifunctional protein is implicated in the regulation of many biological processes, including angiogenesis, cell proliferation, cell migration, inflammation and immune response (1,2). APN was originally identified as the cell surface antigen CD13, which is expressed in myeloid lineage hematopoietic cells and myeloid leukemia (3). Identified substrates of aminopeptidase N include the angiotensin I-III peptide hormones, the opioid peptide met-enkephalin, and cytokines MCP-1 and MIP-1 (4). Abnormal APN protein expression is seen in various forms of cancer, with high APN expression associated with poor survival in colon cancer and non-small cell lung cancer and silenced APN expression related to poor prognosis in prostate cancer (5-7).
- Luan, Y. and Xu, W. (2007) Curr Med Chem 14, 639-47.
- Mina-Osorio, P. (2008) Trends Mol Med 14, 361-71.
- Look, A.T. et al. (1989) J Clin Invest 83, 1299-307.
- Bauvois, B. (2004) Oncogene 23, 317-329.
- Hashida, H. et al. (2002) Gastroenterology 122, 376-86.
- Tokuhara, T. et al. (2006) Clin Cancer Res 12, 3971-8.
- Sørensen, K.D. et al. (2013) Br J Cancer 108, 420-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 6918 IRAP (D7C5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9876 IRAP (3E1) Mouse mAb
- 11914 PC1/3 Antibody
- 5606 BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb
- 5665 Nicastrin (D38F9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.