Product Pathways - Growth Factors/Cytokines
BAFF (D7I1U) Rabbit mAb #19944
|W IP||H||Endogenous||17,29,31||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BAFF (D7I1U) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total BAFF protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human BAFF protein.
Western blot analysis of 1 ng recombinant Human BAFF/TNFSF13B (hBAFF) #5233 using BAFF (D7I1U) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of BAFF from U-937 cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or BAFF (D7I1U) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using BAFF (D7I1U) Rabbit mAb.
BAFF, a member of the TNF superfamily of proteins, is a homotrimeric transmembrane protein, which is cleaved to produce a soluble cytokine (1). BAFF may also further oligomerize into 60-mer structures (1). BAFF is expressed by monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, dendritic cells, activated T cells, and epithelial cells (1,2). BAFF plays a key role in B cell development, survival, and activation (1,3,4). BAFF binds to three distinct receptors, BAFF-R, TACI, and BCMA (1). These receptors are differentially expressed during B cell development and among B cell subsets (1,2,4). While BAFF-R and BCMA bind to the homotrimeric form of BAFF, TACI only binds to membrane bound or higher order BAFF structures (1). The BAFF/ BAFF-R interaction activates both canonical and non-canonical NF-κB pathways, PI3K/Akt, and mTOR (2,4). Activation of the noncanonical NF-κB pathway via BAFF-R is negatively regulated by TRAF3 (5). Research studies have shown that elevated levels of BAFF may exacerbate many autoimmune disorders, making it a potential therapeutic target (2).
- Mackay, F. and Schneider, P. (2009) Nat Rev Immunol 9, 491-502.
- Moisini, I. and Davidson, A. (2009) Clin Exp Immunol 158, 155-63.
- Schiemann, B. et al. (2001) Science 293, 2111-4.
- Khan, W.N. (2009) J Immunol 183, 3561-7.
- Gardam, S. et al. (2008) Immunity 28, 391-401.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5413 Human His6BAFF/TNFSF13B (hHis6 BAFF)
- 5233 Human BAFF/TNFSF13B (hBAFF)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.