Product Pathways - Apoptosis
BID (7A3) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) #2006
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BID (7A3) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of full length human BID.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the cleavage site of human BID. Antibody is supplied in HEPES buffer with 50% glycerol and less than 0.02% sodium azide.
Bid is a pro-apoptotic “BH3 domain-only” member of the Bcl-2 family originally discovered to interact with both the anti-apoptotic family member Bcl-2 and the pro-apoptotic protein Bax (1). Bid is normally localized in the cytosolic fraction of cells as an inactive precursor and is cleaved at Asp60 by caspase-8 during Fas signaling, leading to translocation of the carboxyl terminal p15 fragment (tBid) to the mitochondrial outer membrane (2-4). Translocation of Bid is associated with release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria, leading to complex formation with Apaf-1 and caspase-9 and resulting in caspase-9 activation (5-7). Thus, Bid relays an apoptotic signal from the cell surface to the mitochondria triggering caspase activation (8,9).
- Wang, K. et al. (1996) Genes Dev 10, 2859-69.
- Luo, X. et al. (1998) Cell 94, 481-90.
- Li, H. et al. (1998) Cell 94, 491-501.
- Gross, A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 1156-63.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-89.
- Zou, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 11549-56.
- Saleh, A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17941-5.
- Yin, X.M. et al. (1999) Nature 400, 886-91.
- Korsmeyer, S.J. et al. (2000) Cell Death Differ 7, 1166-73.
- Weisberg, E. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e25351. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2002 BID Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2003 BID Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.