Product Pathways - Translational Control
eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb #2013
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eIF4A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Met316 of human eIF4A protein.
A variety of factors contribute to the important biological event of initiation of translation. The eIF4F complex of translation initiation factors binds to the 5' m7 GTP cap to open up the mRNA secondary structure and allow small ribosome subunit binding (1). eIF4A, an eIF4 complex component that acts as an ATP-dependent RNA helicase, unwinds the secondary structure of the 5' mRNA untranslated region to mediate ribosome binding (2,3). In addition, eIF4A has recently been shown to repress Dpp/BMP signalling in a translation-independent manner in Drosophila (4,5).
- Rogers, G.W. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 12598-12608.
- Rogers, G.W. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 12236-12244.
- Svitkin, Y.V. et al. (2001) RNA 7, 382-394.
- Li, J. and Li, W.X. (2006) Nat. Cell Biol. 8, 1407-1414.
- Affolter, M. and Pyrowolakis, G. (2006) Nat. Cell Biol. 8, 1319-1321.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 3591 Phospho-eIF4B (Ser422) Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 2217 S6 Ribosomal Protein (5G10) Rabbit mAb
- 2317 S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.