Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
MEP50 (D56B8) Rabbit mAb #2018
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||42||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MEP50 (D56B8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of MEP50 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Ser225 of human MEP50.
MEP50 (methylosome protein 50) is a component of the methylosome, a protein arginine methyltransferase complex that modifies specific arginine residues found in arginine- and glycine-rich regions of some spliceosomal Sm proteins. MEP50 is important for methylosome activity and may regulate the transfer of Sm proteins to the SMN (survival of motor neurons) complex, an early step in the assembly of U snRNPs. Both the methylosome and the SMN complex are essential for the assembly of spliceosomal snRNPs (1).MEP50 is a WD repeat protein that may provide an interface for multiple protein interactions between methylosome proteins. (1). It binds to JBP1, an arginine protein methyltransferase component of the methylosome. MEP50 has been shown to interact with CTD phosphatase FCP1 (CTDP1), a protein that may link the processes of transcriptional elongation and splicing (2), and with SUZ12, a polycomb group protein involved in transcriptional repression (3). JBP1 and MEP50 have also been reported to interact with the methyl-CpG binding protein complex MBD2/NuRD (4).
- Friesen, W.J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 8243-7.
- Licciardo, P. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 999-1005.
- Furuno, K. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345, 1051-8.
- Le Guezennec, X. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 843-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2828 MEP50 (P328) Antibody
- 2823 MEP50 Antibody
- 3737 SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.