Product Pathways - Metabolism
Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb #2024
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC||H M||Endogenous||102||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total hexokinase I protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human hexokinase I.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Hexokinase catalyzes the conversion of glucose to glucose-6-phosphate, the first step in glycolysis. Four distinct mammalian hexokinase isoforms, designated as hexokinase I, II, III, and IV (glucokinase), have been identified. Hexokinases I, II, and III are associated with the outer mitochondrial membrane and are critical for maintaining an elevated rate of aerobic glycolysis in cancer cells (Warburg Effect) (1) in order to compensate for the increased energy demands associated with rapid cell growth and proliferation (2,3).
- Warburg, O. (1956) Science 123, 309-314.
- Semenza, G.L. (2000) Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 35, 71-103.
- Smith, T.A. (2000) Br. J. Biomed. Sci. 57, 170-178.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.