Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody #2031
|W||H M R||Endogenous||45, 50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody detects endogenous levels of the large fragment of lamin A (and lamin C isotype) resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 230. The antibody does not recognize full length lamin A.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues surrounding Asp230 in human lamin A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Lamins are nuclear membrane structural components that are important in maintaining normal cell functions such as cell cycle control, DNA replication, and chromatin organization (1-3). Lamin A/C is cleaved by caspase-6 and serves as a marker for caspase-6 activation. During apoptosis, lamin A/C is specifically cleaved into a large (41-50 kDa) and a small (28 kDa) fragment (3,4). The cleavage of lamins results in nuclear disregulation and cell death (5,6).
(This product is sold under license from Promega Corp., U.S. Patent No. 6,350,452.)
- Gruenbaum, Y. et al. (2000) J Struct Biol 129, 313-23.
- Yabuki, M. et al. (1999) Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR 31, 77-84.
- Goldberg, M. et al. (1999) Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 9, 285-93.
- Orth, K. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 16443-6.
- Oberhammer, F.A. et al. (1994) J Cell Biol 126, 827-37.
- Rao, L. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 1441-55.
- Roca, H. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 34342-54. Applications: Western Blotting
- Mintzer, R. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e30376. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2032 Lamin A/C Antibody
- 2035 Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) Antibody
- 2036 Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) (30H5) Mouse mAb
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9762 Caspase-6 Antibody
- 9761 Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.