Product Pathways - Companion Products
GFP (D5.1) XP® Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate) #2037
|W||All||Transfected Only||27||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GFP (D5.1) XP® Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate) detects GFP-tagged proteins exogenously expressed in cells.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of GFP. This antibody was conjugated to HRP under optimal conditions.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The green-fluorescent protein (GFP) functions as a bioluminescence energy transfer acceptor in the jellyfish Aequorea that maximally absorbs light at 395 nm and has an emission spectrum that peaks at 509 nm. GFP has become a very useful tool as a fusion protein that reports gene expression, traces cell lineage and defines subcellular protein localization (1).
- Chen, J. et al. (2011) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43, 905-12. Applications: Western Blotting
- Keestra, A.M. et al. (2011) MBio 2, . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2956 GFP (D5.1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2955 GFP (4B10) Mouse mAb
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.