Product Pathways - Apoptosis
XIAP Antibody #2042
|2042L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2042S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2042||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||53||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
XIAP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total XIAP protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other inhibitors of apoptosis.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human XIAP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa (human), C6 (rat) and BaF3 (mouse) cell lines, using XIAP Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A549 cells 48 hours following mock transfection (-), transfection with non-targeted (control) siRNA or transfection with XIAP siRNA. XIAP was detected using XIAP Antibody #2042, and cofilin was detected using Cofilin Antibody #3312. The XIAP Antibody confirms silencing of XIAP expression, and the cofilin Antibody is used to control for protein loading and siRNA specificity.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® XIAP siRNA II (+), using XIAP Antibody #2042 and β-Actin Antibody #4967. The XIAP antibody confirms silencing of XIAP expression, while the β-Actin Antibody is used to control for loading and specificity of XIAP siRNA.
The inhibitor of apoptosis protein (IAP) family consists of an evolutionarily conserved group of apoptosis inhibitors containing a conserved 70 amino acid BIR (baculovirus inhibitor repeat) domain (1,2). Human members of this family include c-IAP1, c-IAP2, XIAP, survivin, livin, and NAIP. Overexpression of IAP family members, particularly survivin and livin, in cancer cell lines and primary tumors suggests an important role for these proteins in cancer progression (3-5). In general, the IAP proteins function through direct interactions to inhibit the activity of several caspases, including caspase-3, caspase-7, and caspase-9 (5,6). In addition, binding of IAP family members to the mitochondrial protein Smac blocks their interaction with caspase-9, thereby allowing the processing and activation of the caspase (2).
- Deveraux, Q.L. and Reed, J.C. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 239-52.
- Deveraux, Q.L. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 2215-23.
- Altieri, D.C. et al. (1999) Lab Invest 79, 1327-33.
- Tamm, I. et al. (2000) Clin Cancer Res 6, 1796-803.
- Kasof, G.M. and Gomes, B.C. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 3238-46.
- Deveraux, Q.L. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 300-4.
- Guegan, C. et al. (2001) . J. Neurosci. 2 (17), 6569-6576. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rosato, R. R. et al. (2003) Mol. Cancer Ther. 2, 1273-1284. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Van Themsche, C. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer 9, 216. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jane, E.P. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer Ther 10, 198-208. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2045 XIAP (3B6) Rabbit mAb
- 4952 c-IAP1 Antibody
- 3130 c-IAP2 (58C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2808 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb
- 2802 Survivin (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 6446 SignalSilence® XIAP siRNA I
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9501 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp330) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9505 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp315) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.