Product Pathways - Apoptosis
XIAP (3B6) Rabbit mAb #2045
|2045S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2045P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2045||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||53||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
XIAP (3B6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of XIAP. No cross reactivity was observed with other IAP family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding serine 245 of human XIAP.
The inhibitor of apoptosis protein (IAP) family consists of an evolutionarily conserved group of apoptosis inhibitors containing a conserved 70 amino acid BIR (baculovirus inhibitor repeat) domain (1,2). Human members of this family include c-IAP1, c-IAP2, XIAP, survivin, livin, and NAIP. Overexpression of IAP family members, particularly survivin and livin, in cancer cell lines and primary tumors suggests an important role for these proteins in cancer progression (3-5). In general, the IAP proteins function through direct interactions to inhibit the activity of several caspases, including caspase-3, caspase-7, and caspase-9 (5,6). In addition, binding of IAP family members to the mitochondrial protein Smac blocks their interaction with caspase-9, thereby allowing the processing and activation of the caspase (2).
- Deveraux, Q.L. and Reed, J.C. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 239-52.
- Deveraux, Q.L. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 2215-23.
- Altieri, D.C. et al. (1999) Lab Invest 79, 1327-33.
- Tamm, I. et al. (2000) Clin Cancer Res 6, 1796-803.
- Kasof, G.M. and Gomes, B.C. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 3238-46.
- Deveraux, Q.L. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 300-4.
- Jinesh G, G. et al. (2012) J Leukoc Biol , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2042 XIAP Antibody
- 4952 c-IAP1 Antibody
- 3130 c-IAP2 (58C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2803 Survivin Antibody
- 2808 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb
- 6446 SignalSilence® XIAP siRNA I
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.