Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-PKD/PKCμ (Ser744/748) Antibody #2054
|2054L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2054S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2054P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2054||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||115||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PKD/PKCμ (Ser744/748) Antibody detects PKD1/PKCμ only when dually phosphorylated at serines 744 and 748. This antibody may also cross-react with isoforms PKD2 and PKD3/PKCη in some species.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser744/748 of mouse PKD. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Activation of PKC is one of the earliest events in a cascade leading to a variety of cellular responses such as secretion, gene expression, proliferation and muscle contraction (1,2). Protein kinase D (PKD), also called PKCμ, is a serine/threonine kinase whose activation is dependent on the phosphorylation of two activation loop sites, Ser744 and Ser748, via a PKC-dependent signaling pathway (3-5). In addition to the two activation loop sites, the carboxy-terminal Ser916 has been identified as an autophosphorylation site for PKD/PKCμ. Phosphorylation at Ser916 correlates with PKD/PKCμ catalytic activity (6).
- Nishizuka, Y. (1984) Nature 308, 693-698.
- Keranen, L.M. (1995) Curr. Biol. 5, 1394-1403.
- Valverde, A.M. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 91, 8572-8576.
- Johannes, F.J. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 6140-6148.
- Iglesias, T. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 27662-27667.
- Matthews, S.A. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 26543-26549.
- Wood, C.D. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 6245-51.
- Amadesi, S. et al. (2009) J Comp Neurol 516, 141-56.
- Zhukova, E. et al. (2001) . J Biol Chem 276 (43), 40298-40305. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Tan, M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 2824-2828. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Waldron, R. T. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276 (35), 32606-32615. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9375 Phospho-PKCα/β II (Thr638/641) Antibody
- 9376 Phospho-PKCδ/θ (Ser643/676) Antibody
- 9377 Phospho-PKCθ (Thr538) Antibody
- 9378 Phospho-PKCζ/λ (Thr410/403) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2051 Phospho-PKD/PKCμ (Ser916) Antibody
- 2052 PKD/PKCμ Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9372 PKCζ Antibody
- 9379 Phospho-PKC (pan) (gamma Thr514) Antibody
- 2055 Phospho-PKCdelta (Tyr311) Antibody
- 2056 PKCα Antibody
- 2058 PKCδ Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.