Product Pathways - Metabolism
ENPP1 (L520) Antibody #2061
|W IP||H R (M)||Endogenous||140 kDa (Human), 110 kDa (Rodent)||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ENPP1 (L520) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ENPP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu520 of human ENPP1. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase-phosphodiesterase 1 (ENPP1) is a single-pass, type II transmembrane protein primarily involved in ATP hydrolysis at the plasma membrane. Targeting of ENPP1 to the basolateral cell surface relies on the presence of a carboxy-terminal di-leucine-based signal (1). ENPP1 plays important roles in bone mineralization and soft tissue calcification (2-5). Mutations in the corresponding ENPP1 gene cause generalized arterial calcification in infancy (GACI) and idiopathic infantile arterial calcification (IIAC) (6,7). ENPP1 inhibits insulin receptor function and overexpression of this enzyme causes insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in mice (8,9). Genetic variants of ENPP1 have been associated with obesity and type 2 diabetes (10-12).
- Bello, V. et al. (2001) Mol Biol Cell 12, 3004-15.
- Okawa, A. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 19, 271-3.
- Nakamura, I. et al. (1999) Hum Genet 104, 492-7.
- Harmey, D. et al. (2004) Am J Pathol 164, 1199-209.
- Hessle, L. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 9445-9.
- Rutsch, F. et al. (2003) Nat Genet 34, 379-81.
- Ruf, N. et al. (2005) Hum Mutat 25, 98.
- Dong, H. et al. (2005) Diabetes 54, 367-72.
- Maddux, B.A. et al. (2006) Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290, E746-9.
- Meyre, D. et al. (2005) Nat Genet 37, 863-7.
- Keene, K.L. et al. (2008) Diabetes 57, 1057-62.
- Bacci, S. et al. (2007) Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 10, 403-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2070 ENPP1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.