Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb #2067
|2067S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2067P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2067||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eIF4E protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human eIF4E protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® eIF4E siRNA I #6311 or SignalSilence® eIF4E siRNA II #6554 (+), using eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb #2067 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. The eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of eIF4E expression and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of eIF4E siRNA.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb.
Eukaryotic initiation factor 4E (eIF4E) binds to the mRNA cap structure to mediate the initiation of translation (1,2). eIF4E interacts with eIF4G, a scaffold protein that promotes assembly of eIF4E and eIF4A into the eIF4F complex (2). eIF4B is thought to assist the eIF4F complex in translation initiation. Upon activation by mitogenic and/or stress stimuli mediated by Erk and p38 MAPK, Mnk1 phosphorylates eIF4E at Ser209 in vivo (3,4). Two Erk and p38 MAPK phosphorylation sites in mouse Mnk1 (Thr197 and Thr202) are essential for Mnk1 kinase activity (3). The carboxy-terminal region of eIF4G also contains serum-stimulated phosphorylation sites, including Ser1108, Ser1148, and Ser1192 (5). Phosphorylation at these sites is blocked by the PI3 kinase inhibitor LY294002 and by the FRAP/mTOR inhibitor rapamycin.
- Wu, M. et al. (2010) Rejuvenation Res 13, 571-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9456 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) (174A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 2103 eIF2α (L57A5) Mouse mAb
- 2538 eIF3A Antibody
- 2068 eIF3C Antibody
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 2444 eIF4H Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 2195 Mnk1 (C4C1) Rabbit mAb
- 2111 Phospho-Mnk1 (Thr197/202) Antibody
- 4992 PABP1 Antibody
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.