Product Pathways - Development
DLK1 Antibody #2069
|W IP||H M (R)||Transfected Only||41||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DLK1 Antibody detects transfected levels of total DLK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a residues surrounding Met371 of human DLK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
DLK1 (delta-like-1), also known as fetal antigen 1 (FA1) and preadipocyte factor 1 (pref-1), is a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like family of proteins, containing six tandem EGF-like repeats (1,2). DLK1 is a paternally expressed, imprinted gene that plays an important role in normal development and in the maintenence of homeostasis of adipose tissue mass (3). DLK1 deficient mice display growth retardation, obesity, skeletal malformation, and increased serum lipid metabolites (4). It has been reported that the ectodomain of DLK1 is shredded from the cell surface and inhibits adipocyte differentiation ( 5-7).
- Laborda, J. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 3817-20.
- Smas, C.M. and Sul, H.S. (1993) Cell 73, 725-34.
- Kobayashi, S. et al. (2000) Genes Cells 5, 1029-37.
- Moon, Y.S. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 5585-92.
- Smas, C.M. et al. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 977-88.
- Mei, B. et al. (2002) Biochem J 364, 137-44.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2006) J Nutr 136, 2953-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.