Product Pathways - Protein Stability
CHIP (C3B6) Rabbit mAb #2080
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||32||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CHIP (C3B6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CHIP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Leu36 of human CHIP.
The carboxy terminus of Hsc70-interacting protein (CHIP, STUB1) is a co-chaperone protein and functional E3 ubiquitin ligase that links the polypeptide binding activity of Hsp70 to the ubiquitin proteasome system (1). Cytoplasmic CHIP protein contains three 34-amino acid TPR (tetratricopeptide repeat) domains at its amino terminus and a carboxy-terminal U-box domain. CHIP interacts with the molecular chaperones Hsc70-Hsp70 and Hsp90 through its TPR domain, while E3 ubiquitin ligase activity is confined to the U-box domain (2,3). The binding of CHIP to Hsp70 can stall the folding of Hsp70 client proteins and concomitantly facilitate the U-box dependent ubiquitination of Hsp70-bound substrates (4-6). CHIP appears to play a central role in cell stress protection (7) and is responsible for the degradation of disease-related proteins that include cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (4), p53 (8), huntingtin and Ataxin-3 (9), Tau protein (10), and α-synuclein (11).
- McDonough, H. and Patterson, C. (2003) Cell Stress Chaperones 8, 303-8.
- Ballinger, C.A. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 4535-45.
- Murata, S. et al. (2001) EMBO Rep 2, 1133-8.
- Meacham, G.C. et al. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, 100-5.
- Younger, J.M. et al. (2004) J Cell Biol 167, 1075-85.
- Jiang, J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 42938-44.
- Dai, Q. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 5446-58.
- Esser, C. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 27443-8.
- Jana, N.R. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 11635-40.
- Shimura, H. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 4869-76.
- Shin, Y. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 23727-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9965 HSP/Chaperone Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.