Product Pathways - Translational Control
La Antigen Antibody #2081
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
La Antigen Antibody detects endogenous levels of total La Antigen protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human La Antigen. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
La antigen is recognized by antibodies in patients with autoimmune disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus and Sjögren's syndrome (1). La antigen binds to the 5'-noncoding region of poliovirus RNA and is an IRES trans-acting factor (1,2). Depletion of La antigen reduces the function of poliovirus IRES in vivo (3). La antigen, when phosphorylated at Ser366, has been shown to associate with nuclear precursor tRNAs and facilitate their processing (4). The nonphosphorylated La antigen interacts with the mRNAs that have 5'-terminal oligopyrimidine (5'TOP) motifs to control protein synthesis (4).
- Meerovitch, K. et al. (1993) J Virol 67, 3798-807.
- Meerovitch, K. et al. (1989) Genes Dev 3, 1026-34.
- Costa-Mattioli, M. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 6861-70.
- Intine, R.V. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 12, 1301-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.