Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody #2083
|2083S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2083P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2083||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||150||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody detects endogenous levels of raptor protein only when phosphorylated at Ser792. The antibody may also detect non-specific signals of various molecular weights.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding Ser792 of human raptor. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of C2C12 or 293 cells, untreated or treated with AICAR (0.5 mM for 30 minutes) or oligomycin (0.5 μM for 30 minutes), using Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody (upper and lower left ) or Raptor Antibody #2280 (upper and lower right).
*Cross-reacting bands at 200 kDa.
Western blot analysis of wild-type (WT) and AMPKα1 and α2 knockout (KO) mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs), untreated or treated with AICAR (2 mM for 1 hour), using Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody (upper) or Raptor Antibody #4978 (lower). (Image provided by Dr. Reuben Shaw, Salk Institute for Biological Studies).
*Cross-reacting bands at 60, 70 and 240 kDa
The regulatory associated protein of mTOR (Raptor) was identified as an mTOR binding partner that mediates mTOR signaling to downstream targets (1,2). Raptor binds to mTOR substrates, including 4E-BP1 and p70 S6 kinase, through their TOR signaling (TOS) motifs and is required for mTOR-mediated phosphorylation of these substrates (3,4). Binding of the FKBP12-rapamycin complex to mTOR inhibits the mTOR-raptor interaction, suggesting a mechanism for rapamycin's specific inhibition of mTOR signaling (5). This mTOR-raptor interaction and its regulation by nutrients and/or rapamycin is dependent on a protein called GβL (6). GβL is also part of the rapamycin-insensitive complex between mTOR and rictor (rapamycin-insensitive companion of mTOR), and may mediate rictor-mTOR signaling to downstream targets including PKCα (7). Furthermore, the rictor-mTOR complex has been identified as the previously elusive PDK2 responsible for the phosphorylation of Akt/PKB on Ser473, facilitating phosphorylation of Akt/PKB on Thr308 by PDK1 and required for the full activation of Akt/PKB (8).
Recently raptor has been identified as a direct substrate of the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) (9). AMPK phosphorylates raptor on Ser722/Ser792 (9). This phosphorylation is essential for inhibition of the raptor-containing mTOR complex 1 (mTORC1) and induces cell cycle arrest when cells are stressed for energy (9). These findings suggest that raptor is a critical switch that correlates cell cycle progression with energy status.
- Hara, K. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 177-189.
- Kim, D. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 163-175.
- Beugnet, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 40717-40722.
- Nojima, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 15461-15464.
- Oshiro, N. et al. (2004) Genes Cells 9, 359-366.
- Kim, D. H. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 11, 895-904.
- Sarbassov, D. et al. (2004) Curr. Biol. 14, 1296-1302.
- Sarbassov, D.D. et al. (2005) Science 307, 1098-1101.
- Gwinn, D.M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell 30, 214-26.
- Lee, J.W. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e15394. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Roca, H. et al. (2009) Neoplasia 11, 1309-17. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 5536 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 2610 PRAS40 Antibody
- 2640 Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) Antibody
- 3227 GβL Antibody
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1230 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Blocking Peptide
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.