Product Pathways - Development
Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb #2087
|W IP IHC-P||H M||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Axin1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human Axin1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb.
Axin1 (Axis inhibition protein 1) and Axin2 are multidomain scaffold proteins that negatively regulate Wnt signaling. Axin1 interacts with APC, GSK-3β, Dvl, and β-catenin and promotes the GSK-3β-mediated phosphorylation and subsequent degradation of β-catenin (1,2). Upon stimulation of cells with Wnt, Axin1 is recruited to the membrane by phosphorylated LRP5/6, a process that is believed to be crucial for activation of Wnt signaling (3,4). In addition to its role in the Wnt signaling pathway, Axin1 forms a complex with MEKK1 and activates c-Jun amino-terminal kinase (JNK/SAPK) (5). Axin2 (also known as Conductin or Axil) can functionally substitute for Axin1 in mice (6). Axin2 itself is a direct target of the Wnt signaling pathway and therefore serves to control the duration and/or intensity of Wnt signaling through a negative feedback loop (7-9).
- Luo, W. and Lin, S.C. Neurosignals 13, 99-113.
- Salahshor, S. and Woodgett, J.R. (2005) J. Clin. Pathol. 58, 225-236.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 873-877.
- Davidson, G. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 867-872.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 35247-35254.
- Chia, I.V. and Costantini, F. (2005) Mol. Cell Biol. 25, 4371-4376.
- Jho, E.H. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 1172-1183.
- Lustig, B. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 1184-1193.
- Leung, J.Y. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 21657-21665.
- Tanneberger, K. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 19204-14. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2504 APC Antibody
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 2677 β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (IF Preferred)
- 2698 β-Catenin (L87A12) Mouse mAb
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 2596 Naked2 (C36D3) Rabbit mAb
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2569 TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.