Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
LEDGF (C57G11) Rabbit mAb #2088
|W IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||75||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LEDGF (C57G11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of LEDGF protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Lys461 of human LEDGF.
Western blot analysis of exctracts from various cell types using LEDGF (C57G11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using LEDGF (C57G11) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using LEDGF (C57G11) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
The LEDGF (lens epithelium-derived growth factor) gene encodes splice variants P75 and P52 (1). LEDGF (C57G11) Rabbit mAb detects the 75 kDA LEDGF splice form. Both LEDGF variants have transcriptional coactivator functions that may regulate gene transcription and mRNA splicing of a variety of proteins that are essential for cell growth and survival. (2,3). LEDGF has also been identified as a factor that can, in serum free media, stimulate the growth and survival of lens epithelial cells and other cell types such as retinal photoreceptor cells, COS7 cells, skin fibroblasts, and keratinocytes (2). In addition to its function as a transcriptional coactivator, LEDGF has been shown to be involved in the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis (4) and in the activity of HIV1 integrase. LEDGF binds chromatin throughout the cell cycle, and may act as a chromatin docking factor for HIV integrase and other lentiviral pre-integration complexes. It protects HIV integrase from degradation, and influences the pattern of viral integration into the cell genome (5).
- Ge, H. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 6723-9.
- Singh, D.P. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 267, 373-81.
- Singh, D.P. et al. (2001) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 283, 943-55.
- Sugiura, K. et al. (2007) J Invest Dermatol 127, 75-80.
- Poeschla, E.M. (2008) Cell Mol Life Sci 65, 1403-24.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.